Dafilon is a non-absorbable synthetic monofilament suture made of polymers polyamide 6/6.6 (dyed blue or undyed) or polyamide 6.6 (dyed black). Dafilon blue and Dafilon undyed are indicated for the closure of superficial wounds and plastic surgery. Dafilon black is used for microsurgical and ophthalmic purposes.
As with any nylon suture, though not absorbed, progressive hydrolysis of the suture may result in gradual loss of its tensile strength over time.
- Flexible, easy to handle and tie
- Smooth passage through tissue
- Excellent histocompatibility
- Skin closure (intracutaneous, subcutaneous)
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery