An effective treatment for healing leg ulcers
- Stimulating healing in hard to heal or non-healing leg ulcers
- Helping to reduce pain
- Reducing exudate
- Reducing oedema
It is a 12 day treatment course, consisting of six battery powered 48 hour single use units and connected electrode pads.
Accel-Heal is a 12-day,one-offtreatment course designed to restore the healing process in poor or non-healing ulcers.
An innovative treatment for healing leg ulcers
Electrical stimulation of which electroceuticals are an advanced formis included in the 2018 HSE National Wound Management Guidelines with a recommendation:
(40.1)Electrical stimulation should be considered as an adjunct to standard wound care in wounds that are failing to progress as expected. HSE Recommendation Evidence Grade: B
Improving clinical outcomes for patients
Developed and designed with ease of clinical application and patient comfort in mind, AccelHealdelivers a sequence of pre-programmed, low level and painless electrical energy through the skin surface, helping to reduce the inflammation and improving cell migration to the ulcer site; thereby resulting in tissue repair and turning a non-healing ulcer into one that heals normally.
- Discreet- smaller than any other available treatment device measuring 7cmx4cmx2cm
- Compact size means you can continue with everyday activities
- Comfortable to sleep whilst using the device
- Used alongside standard wound dressing
Clinical case * 75 year old man with a non-progressing VLU present for 15 months
Start of the treatment
On initiation of Accel-Heal® the wound was malodourous with 95% slough and required 3-4 dressing changes a week.
End of 12 day treatment
Following 12 days Accel-Heal® therapy the wound was 100% granulating with no odour. Dressing changes were reduced, and the wound went on to achieve full healing within 12 weeks.
*Data on file. 2018. SEL02
Accel-Heal is used on leg ulcers that will comfortably fit under a 10cm x 10cm dressing, and have received good standard care for 8 weeks from a suitably qualified practitioner.
- Clean the skin surrounding the wound with the alcohol wipes included in the pack and attach the electrodes to either side of the wound or dressing area on healthy skin.
- Press and hold the button for 2 seconds to activate the device
- Flashing green light indicates activation.
- Connect the pads to the Accel-Heal device
- Dress the wound with a standard wound dressing, tuck the unit into the external dressing and leave to work for 48 hours.
- Guide for Clinicians
- Electroceutical Therapy to manage complex leg ulcers
- Improving patient quality of life with innovative electroceutical technology
- The results of a clinical evaluation of Accel-Heal® electroceutical treatment in a large NHS Trust
- Breaking the cycle of hard-to-heal wounds with electroceutical treatment
- Using electroceutical treatment to reduce symptoms and improve healing in chronic wounds
- Electrical stimulation therapy and electroceutical treatment for the management of venous leg ulcers