25 x Covid & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Tests
Rapid Antigen Test for the detection and differentiation of the nucleocapsid protein antigens of SARS-CoV-2, influenza virus A, and influenza virus B present in the human nasopharynx.
SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B
Shipping 1-2 Business Days
Trading for over 25 Years
Rapid answers, combined.
With similar symptoms for SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza A and B, healthcare professionals need to quickly determine which infection is potentially present. The SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Test helps healthcare professionals at the point of care to quickly diagnose and differentiate infections with any of the three respiratory viruses and aid in pursuing appropriate courses of action, including patient and pandemic management decisions. Also, it enables scaling up test capacities during flu season to meet the need for extensive testing during peak periods.
- Reliable test performance
- Rapid answers in only 15 minutes
- Supports optimised patient care based on the differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza A and B
- Easy handling, only 4 steps needed
- Fully integrated test, only one strip and one sample are needed
- Detects SARS-CoV-2, including Delta and Omicron variants1
The SARSCoV2 & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Test is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the simultaneous detection and differentiation of the nucleocapsid protein antigens of SARSCoV2, influenza virus A and influenza virus B present in the human nasopharynx. It can be used to assess whether a person currently has any of the three viral respiratory infections by providing a qualitative result showing coloured bands indicating the presence of a specific antigen, based on the nucleocapsid protein of the different pathogens.2
Structure of -SARS-CoV-2 virus3-5
- Nucleocapsid protein (N)
- Envelope protein (E)
- Membrane glycoprotein (M)
- Spike protein (S)
Structure of Influenza A and B virus6
- Surface Proteins (SP): HA & NA*
- Nucleocapsid protein (N)
*Hemagglutinin (H or HA), Neuraminidase (N or NA)
How to perform a test
Testing process for the SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Test only takes a few steps.
- Insert a sterile swab into the nostril of the patient
- Rotate the swab 3-4 times against the nasopharyngeal surface, then leave the swab in place for 10 seconds to absorb secretions.
- Withdraw the swab from the nasal cavity.
Prepare the sample
- Insert the swab into an extraction buffer tube. While squeezing the buffer tube, stir the swab more than 10 times.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab.
- Press the nozzle cap tightly onto the tube.
WARNING! Failure to squeeze the tube can lead to incorrect results due to excess buffer in the swab.
Drop of sample
Place the test device on a flat surface and apply 4 drops of extracted sample at a 90° angle to the specimen well of the test device.
Read the test result in 15-30 min.
WARNING! Do not read test result after 30 minutes. It may give a false result.
Interpreting the results
A colored line appears in the top section of the result window to show that the test is working properly. This is the control line (C). Even if the control line is faint or not uniform, the test should be considered to have been performed properly. If no control line is visible, the test is invalid. In the case of an invalid result, perform QC and repeat the test.
In case of a positive result, one or more colored lines appear in the lower section of the result window. These are the test lines of SARS-CoV-2 (S), Influenza A (A) and Influenza B (B). Even if the test line is very faint or not uniform, the test result should be interpreted as a positive result.
Test kit content
Each kit contains 25 individually packaged, ready-to-use tests.
The following components are needed for a test and included in the kit:
- Test devices
- Nozzle caps
- Extraction buffer tube
- Buffer tube holder
- Sterile nasopharyngeal swabs
- 1 set of positive and negative quality controls
- Instructions for Use
- Quick Reference Guide
SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B Rapid Antigen Test characteristics
- Assay format Lateral flow test / immunochromatographic
- Instrument No
- Testing time 15-30 minutes
- SARS-CoV-2 Specificity 98.59%
- SARS-CoV-2 Sensitivity 84.85%
- Influenza A Specificity 100%
- Influenza A Sensitivity 81.16%
- Influenza B Specificity 99.04%
- Influenza B Sensitivity 100%
- Antigen Nucleocapside protein
- Sample material Nasopharyngeal Swab
- Hibernia Medical does not supply goods on a sale or return basis.
- Hibernia Medical does not accept the return of goods without prior written communication to the Customer Service department.
- Goods can be returned once approval in writing has been given by Hibernia Medical.
- A ‘Goods Return Form’ must be completed for all returns. Notification of the intent to return Goods must be made within 14 days of the Delivery/Invoice date.
- The only goods that will accepted for refund must be a current stock line and not a discontinued line, nonreturnable product or a special-order item.
- All approved goods for return must be in perfect condition, in original packaging, sellable and be completely without defect or damage. Such damage will totally cancel any obligation by Hibernia Medical for any refund whatsoever on the item.
- Electrical and photographic equipment will only be accepted if complete with all leads, accessories and software. Any software must have its original seal intact.
- Goods are returned at the sender’s responsibility and cost. Hibernia Medical accepts no responsibility for goods lost or damaged during return transit. We recommend that the returned item(s) to our office are registered/tracked. Additionally, Hibernia Medical does not refund return carriage, postage fees or insurance costs.
- Please check the package and label before opening any products to ensure that you have received the correct items. Shipment errors must be reported no later than seven (7) days after the invoice date.
- Non-stock items and special-order items are subject to a no-return policy.
- All sales of clearance items are final and we cannot accept returns.
Please Note: Special order items and discontinued items are not subject to this returns policy and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
All items returned are subject to a restocking fee of 10%.
Items returned after 14 days are liable to additional handling charges:
- 14 – 21 days old 15% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- 21 – 30 days old 20% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- 31 – 60 days old 25% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- Returns after 60 days are dealt with on a case-by-case basis
If you return part or all of your order, we will not refund the delivery charge as this part of our service to you has been completed. In the cases of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods, the delivery charge for a replacement to be sent out will not be charged.
If you’ve asked for a refund, we will credit the account you used to pay for your order. Please allow up to 14 days for the refund to appear on your account.
E3 Calmount Business Park
You May Also Like
You may also like…
Rapid Antigen Tests
Covid-19 Antibody Test (40) – Roche (Individual Tests)€302.40ex VAT€302.40inc VAT
Rapid Antigen Tests
Covid-19 Antigen Test (25) – Nasal – Roche (Individual Tests)€166.95ex VAT€166.95inc VAT