Covid-19 Antibody Test (40) – Roche (Individual Tests)
Each kit contains 40 individually packaged, ready-to-use tests.
Shipping 1-2 Business Days
Trading for over 25 Years
Reliable, rapid chromatographic immunoassay to qualitatively detect antibodies against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
An aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is a reliable, rapid chromatographic immunoassay intended for qualitative detection of antibodies (IgM and IgG) to SARS-CoV-2 in human serum, plasma or whole blood.
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is intended for the use as an aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating prior infection. This rapid lateral flow test is intended for professional use in laboratory and near patient-testing environments and qualitatively detects IgM and IgG specific to SARS-CoV-2 in serum, plasma, and whole blood.
The benefit of having a SARS-CoV-2 antibody test available
Antibody tests are crucial for patient contact tracing, defining previous exposure, and for epidemiological studies. Epidemiological studies are urgently needed to help uncover the spread and burden of disease, in particular, the rate of asymptomatic infections, and to get better estimates on morbidity and mortality. This test may also be used together with molecular tests, like Roche’s cobas® SARS-CoV-2 PCR test, to aid in the diagnosis of suspected COVID-19 patients. As more is understood about immunity to SARS-CoV-2, it may help to assess who has built up immunity to the virus helping healthcare providers better manage patients.
Put the answer in your hands. When lab testing isn’t available, quality is imperative and time is of the essence, the Roche SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test will provide healthcare professionals with the tool they need to give patients fast answers. One finger prick is all it takes.
Features and benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test can help relieve the burden on healthcare infrastructure generally by making reliable accurate testing possible in decentralised locations, complementing laboratory diagnostics and enabling effective screening. This allows for widespread mass screening without the need to over-burden specialist staff and laboratories. Patients can get a quick and convenient answer that in combination with local and national policies will help them modify their behaviour and help contain the virus and optimise restriction strategies. Follow-up appointments between patients and doctors to discuss the test results can be avoided.
One of the key benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is that it can be performed with a small capillary blood sample (20 μl) from the fingertip. It opens the door to testing even for elderly and infirm individuals for whom a venous blood draw is not viable or convenient. And because this rapid test delivers reliable results, clinicians can trust on the results and advise patients with confidence43.
The benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test in short:
- Getting a quick result (10-15 minutes) – no need for follow-ups to discuss test results
- Easy handling which does not require specific training
- Only needing a very small capillary sample of 20ul
- Access to testing in areas where laboratory testing is not available, or when a venous blood draw is not suitable.
Testing the quick and easy way
Testing process for the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test
Test kit information
The kit is ready for use and contains all equipment needed to perform a test, with the exception of a pricking device (lancet), which is not included.
A pricking device (lancet) is needed if a blood sample is taken from the finger or ear. Roche recommends to use the “Accu-Chek Safe T Pro Uno or Plus” which can be ordered through the usual channels. Any other pricking device that is able to produce a sample of 20 microliters can be used too.
The following components are needed for a test and included in the kit:
- Test device (individually in a foil pouch with desiccant)
- Buffer bottle
- Capillary tube (20μl) (optional)
- Instructions for use
- Quick Reference Guide
*Please note, there is a no return policy on this product.
Summary of Antigen Tests
- Hibernia Medical does not supply goods on a sale or return basis.
- Hibernia Medical does not accept the return of goods without prior written communication to the Customer Service department.
- Goods can be returned once approval in writing has been given by Hibernia Medical.
- A ‘Goods Return Form’ must be completed for all returns. Notification of the intent to return Goods must be made within 14 days of the Delivery/Invoice date.
- The only goods that will accepted for refund must be a current stock line and not a discontinued line, nonreturnable product or a special-order item.
- All approved goods for return must be in perfect condition, in original packaging, sellable and be completely without defect or damage. Such damage will totally cancel any obligation by Hibernia Medical for any refund whatsoever on the item.
- Electrical and photographic equipment will only be accepted if complete with all leads, accessories and software. Any software must have its original seal intact.
- Goods are returned at the sender’s responsibility and cost. Hibernia Medical accepts no responsibility for goods lost or damaged during return transit. We recommend that the returned item(s) to our office are registered/tracked. Additionally, Hibernia Medical does not refund return carriage, postage fees or insurance costs.
- Please check the package and label before opening any products to ensure that you have received the correct items. Shipment errors must be reported no later than seven (7) days after the invoice date.
- Non-stock items and special-order items are subject to a no-return policy.
- All sales of clearance items are final and we cannot accept returns.
Please Note: Special order items and discontinued items are not subject to this returns policy and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
All items returned are subject to a restocking fee of 10%.
Items returned after 14 days are liable to additional handling charges:
- 14 – 21 days old 15% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- 21 – 30 days old 20% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- 31 – 60 days old 25% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- Returns after 60 days are dealt with on a case-by-case basis
If you return part or all of your order, we will not refund the delivery charge as this part of our service to you has been completed. In the cases of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods, the delivery charge for a replacement to be sent out will not be charged.
If you’ve asked for a refund, we will credit the account you used to pay for your order. Please allow up to 14 days for the refund to appear on your account.
E3 Calmount Business Park