Testing is a vital part in fighting this unprecedented global healthcare emergency. The reliable SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test from Roche provides fast answers wherever you need them.
We are delighted to offer a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of specific antigens of SARS-CoV-2.
SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test determines if someone is infected by detecting the present of viral material.
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test is quick and easy to use – for clinical professional use
A five step, Point of Care testing solution for SARS-CoV-2, giving a clear result after 15 minutes
This point of care test is designed for use by clinical professionals (Doctors/Practice Nurse/Employer Occupational Health depts etc) only, and is intended to detect the antigen from the SARS-CoV-2 virus in individuals suspected of infection with COVID-19.
How to use:
- A sterile swab is inserted into the patient’s nostril, to the surface of the patient’s posterior nasopharynx
- The swab is placed into an extraction buffer tube. While the buffe is squeezed, the swab is stirred at least 5 times
- Removing the swab, the sides of the tube are squeezed to extract the liquid from the swab, and then the nozzle cap is pressed tightly on to the tube
- Three drops of the extracted sample are added to the specimen well of the test cassette
- The test result will be ready after 15 minutes A positive test is indicated by a coloured line appearing in the top section at points C and T of the result window
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test enables fast decision making e.g. whether patients need to be put in quarantine, reducing the risk of further spreading. In addition to that it allows for screening of individuals after confirmed exposure to a SARS-CoV-2 infected person or individuals at risk of exposure such as healthcare workers. The benefits of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test in short:
- Getting a quick result within 15-30 minutes – no need for a follow-up appointment to discuss the result
- Easy handling which does not require specific training
- No instrument required
- Allowing decentralized testing or access to testing in areas where laboratory testing is not available
Each kit contains 25 individually packaged, ready to use tests containing all equipment needed to perform a test, and comprises of:
- Test device – individual foil wrapped with desiccant
- Extraction buffer tube
- Sterile swab and Nozzle cap
- Film (to attach to test device to facilitate outdoor testing)
- Instructions for use
- Quick Reference Guide
- Five simple steps, with results after 15 minutes
- Quick and Easy to read result
- Excellent performance, Sensitivity 96.52% and Specificity 99.68%
New Variant of SARS-CoV-2 with D614G and N501Y
“Roche has urgently analysed the sequences from the UK SARS-CoV-2 variants D614G and N501Y. We compared them to the design of all tests employed to detect an acute or past SARS-CoV-2 Infection to understand any implication of these mutations. We do not anticipate that the UK SARS-CoV-2 variants will impact the Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Test, Elecsys® SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test and Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S Test, SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test and SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test. To be further reassured we are carrying out additional investigations.
For our SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test we will perform in-vitro testing of the new variants and our test both independently and in collaboration with our partner SD Biosensor. We will share our findings, as soon as these investigations have concluded.
Roche is committed to ensuring the products we develop, manufacture and distribute are of highest quality, supplied reliably and delivered timely to our customers and patients to meet their needs. Be rest assured we will continue to investigate these variants and the evolution of the SARS-CoV-2 virus with regard to potential impact on the performance of our assays to mitigate risks and continue to contribute to the resolution of the global pandemic.”
Please note, there is a no return policy on this product.
The EU recommends use of rapid Covid-19 antigen tests. Learn more.
List of EU approved COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests
Agreed by the Health Security Committee on 17 February 2021
Watch this video which explains the different diagnostic tests available for SARS-CoV-2 and when they are most effectively used.