Advasyl Braided Natural Non-Absorbable Surgical Suture Black 2-0 100cm 55mm. Straight, Cutting (12)
Advasyl Braided Natural Non-Absorbable Surgical Suture Black 2-0 100cm 55mm. Straight, Cutting (12)- available while stocks last!
Shipping 1-2 Business Days
Trading for over 25 Years
ADVASYL suture is non-absorbable, sterile, surgical suture composed of an organic protein called fibroin, derived from the domesticated species Bombyx mori (B. mori).
The suture is processed to remove the natural waxes and sericin gum, dyed black and coated with a wax mixture to reduce capillarity and to increase surface lubricity, which enhances handling characteristics, ease of passage through tissue, and knot run-down properties.
The advanced extrusion process of copolymer, the exclusive braiding process and coating system, gives ADVASYL:
- ADVASYL is a non-absorbable sterile surgical suture composed of an organic protein called fibroin. This protein is derived from Bombyx Mori L. (species of the family Bombycidae). Braided silk is coated with wax and is available dyed in logwood black.
- ADVASYL suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic and neurological procedures.
- Due to the gradual loss of tensile strength which may occur over prolonged period In-vivo, ADVASYL suture should not be used where permanent retention of tensile strength is required. ADVASYL suture is contraindicated in patients with known sensitivities or allergies to Silk.
- ADVASYL suture elicits a minimal initial inflammatory reaction in tissues which is followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue. While silk is not absorbed, progressive degradation of the proteinaceous silk fibre, In-vivo may result in gradual loss of all the suture’s tensile strength overtime.
*Mass Absorption: Time in days required for suture to be totally absorbed in the body.
ADVASYL suture complies with the requirements of the United States Pharmacopeia requirement for
“Non-Absorbable Surgical Suture” and the European Pharmacopoeia for “Sutures, sterile non-absorbable”.
Excellent knot security, excellent first throw hold
Superior wax coating
Uniform diameter throughout the strand provides minimal suture breakage, minimal tissue drag and tissue trauma.
Advanced tipping mechanical drilling
Ensures minimal suture detachment at the swage point
Advanced Degumming process
Ensures proper separation of the foreign body, sericin from fibroin, to avoid unwanted immunogenic reaction in the body
- Hibernia Medical does not supply goods on a sale or return basis.
- Hibernia Medical does not accept the return of goods without prior written communication to the Customer Service department.
- Goods can be returned once approval in writing has been given by Hibernia Medical.
- A ‘Goods Return Form’ must be completed for all returns. Notification of the intent to return Goods must be made within 14 days of the Delivery/Invoice date.
- The only goods that will accepted for refund must be a current stock line and not a discontinued line, nonreturnable product or a special-order item.
- All approved goods for return must be in perfect condition, in original packaging, sellable and be completely without defect or damage. Such damage will totally cancel any obligation by Hibernia Medical for any refund whatsoever on the item.
- Electrical and photographic equipment will only be accepted if complete with all leads, accessories and software. Any software must have its original seal intact.
- Goods are returned at the sender’s responsibility and cost. Hibernia Medical accepts no responsibility for goods lost or damaged during return transit. We recommend that the returned item(s) to our office are registered/tracked. Additionally, Hibernia Medical does not refund return carriage, postage fees or insurance costs.
- Please check the package and label before opening any products to ensure that you have received the correct items. Shipment errors must be reported no later than seven (7) days after the invoice date.
- Non-stock items and special-order items are subject to a no-return policy.
- All sales of clearance items are final and we cannot accept returns.
Please Note: Special order items and discontinued items are not subject to this returns policy and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
All items returned are subject to a restocking fee of 10%.
Items returned after 14 days are liable to additional handling charges:
- 14 – 21 days old 15% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- 21 – 30 days old 20% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- 31 – 60 days old 25% of invoice value or minimum of €20.00
- Returns after 60 days are dealt with on a case-by-case basis
If you return part or all of your order, we will not refund the delivery charge as this part of our service to you has been completed. In the cases of incorrect, damaged or faulty goods, the delivery charge for a replacement to be sent out will not be charged.
If you’ve asked for a refund, we will credit the account you used to pay for your order. Please allow up to 14 days for the refund to appear on your account.
E3 Calmount Business Park
You May Also Like