Recommendations For Use:
Balmonds originally formulated Rosehip Scar Oil to be an entirely natural conditioning treatment for skin left damaged by scratching and itching during eczema flares, but because of the deeply restorative herbs it contains, it’s a great blend for improving the appearance of all sorts of different skin blemishes and scars.
The oil works by moisturising, softening, and nourishing the skin, providing the nutrients needed in the skin’s natural cycle of repair and regeneration, and keeping the epidermis supple and smooth. As well as regenerative rosehip oil, it contains lavender, chamomile, and palmarosa essential oils, as well as macerated calendula and grapeseed oils.
Try it for:
• stretch marks
• post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
• ageing or fragile skin
• uneven skin tone
• skin damaged by eczema, psoriasis, acne, topical steroid withdrawal, chemo or radiotherapy
• as a deeply nourishing rescue oil anywhere on the body!
For initial stages of healing, apply Balmonds Skin Salvation balm around (not over) the wound to keep surrounding skin soft and supple as scars begin to form.
Balmonds Rosehip Scar Oil is cruelty-free and certified by the Vegan Society.
How To Use:
Dispense a few drops into freshly washed, clean hands and massage gently onto the skin. Apply as often as you want, but we’d recommend twice a day. Don’t apply to exposed skin immediately before going into bright sunshine as the oil doesn’t contain an SPF and may increase the risk of sunburn.
For scars and skin in the process of healing, we advise applying morning and night for at least six weeks once the skin has healed over. You can use the Rosehip Scar Oil to massage healing scar tissue, for perineal massage, or for stretch mark massage.
Improvement of scars, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks will depend on several things, such as where on the body the damage is, how long it’s been there, how deep the damage goes, difference in tone from surrounding skin, and your age, health, and wellbeing.
While a wound or operation scar is healing over (which can take up to a week), you can use Skin Salvation balm to keep the surrounding skin soft, moisturised and supple, to prevent tightness. Be very careful to wash your hands before and after applying moisturiser, and keep any broken skin meticulously clean to reduce the risk of infection.
- 85% of people agree that Rosehip Scar Oil has helped to reduce the appearance of their skin marking or scar (*34 people)
- 95% of people would recommend Rosehip Scar Oil to others (*62 people)
“I find this rosehip scar oil great for the skin on my neck and chest. My mum also uses it on her mature, aging skin and finds that it great at reducing signs of aging.”
“Feels really lovely, nice smell, soaks in quite quickly, doesn’t feel greasy. Use it on my pregnant bump and skin feels soft and smooth.”
As with any new skincare product, we advise that you test a tiny amount behind the ear or in the crook of your elbow for 24-48 hours before widespread use.
- Vitis Vinifera (grape) seed oil
- Rosa Canina (rosehip) fruit oil
- Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seed oil*
- Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) (naturally derived)
- Calendula Officinalis (calendula) flower extract*
- Anthemis Nobilis (Roman chamomile) flower oil*
- Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) flower oil*
- Cymbopogon Martini (palmarosa) oil
- Geraniol & Linalool (from essential oils)
100% biodegradable raw materials
Suitable for vegans
As a product made from natural ingredients such as flowers and seeds, this product can be subject to slight variations of scent and colour. This is perfectly normal and doesn’t affect quality.