Masks can help stop the spread of COVID-19, save lives and restore jobs
~95% of the world lives in countries where the government and leading disease experts both agree that masks are effective at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Fast Facts About Cloth Masks
Looking for more facts? You can read about the science here.
1. 76% of Americans want masks to be required in businesses (Wash Post, 5/15/20)
2. 86%+ of the world’s population lives in places that have a nationwide or statewide requirement of masks in public places and/or universal mask usage (130+ countries and 20+ U.S. States)
3. 100+ prominent academic leaders (including two Nobel prize winners) have signed a letter calling for masks to be required in public to slow COVID-19.
4. There are many scientific studies showing the effectiveness of cloth masks at slowing the spread of COVID-19 (from researchers at Stanford, MIT, Oxford, UC Berkeley, UPenn, Brown, UNC, UCLA, and USF).
5. There are multiple data analyses showing that countries and states that have recommended or required mask usage have had fewer COVID-19 infections and deaths per capita.
6. There are multiple economic studies (done by economists at Yale and Goldman Sachs) showing that a nationwide mask mandate in the U.S. is worth more than a trillion dollars in economic value.
7. ~95% of the world lives in countries where the government and leading disease experts both agree that masks are effective at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
The scientific evidence that has caused 130+ countries and 18 U.S. States to make cloth masks required.
An international review of the scientific research on masks by 19 experts (from Stanford, MIT, Oxford, UPenn, Brown, UNC, UCLA, and USF) concluded that:
Near-universal adoption of non-medical masks in public (in conjunction with other measures like test & trace) can reduce effective-R below 1.0 and stop the community spread of the virus.
Laws appear to be highly effective at increasing compliance and slowing or stopping the spread of COVID-19. There are “34 scientific papers indicating basic masks can be effective in reducing virus transmission in public — and not a single paper that shows clear evidence that they cannot.” –The Washington Post
View our range of Face Masks. Click here.