Disinfecting and cleaning IEM’S Blood Pressure Cuffs
Disinfecting and cleaning
The user (doctor) decides whether and when the cuff sleeve needs to be disinfected for hygienic reasons (e.g. after each use).
Always observe the manufacturer’s instructions on the disinfection and cleaning of these products.
▪ When putting the device on, there must no longer be any disinfectant on the blood pressure cuff!
▪ There are patients who have intolerance’s (e.g. allergies) to disinfectants or their components!
▪ Do not immerse the cuff with balloon or the blood pressure monitor in disinfectant, water or other
▪ If liquid gets into the device, switch it off immediately and send it to IEM for checking!
▪ Do not open the casing of the Mobil-O-Graph®, otherwise any warranty will no longer be valid!
Care and maintenance
IEM has tested the following means for the disinfection of the cuff sleeve:
▪ Isopropanol (70%)
▪ Terralin liquid (manufacturer: Schülke & Mayr)
When using other disinfectants that have not been tested by IEM, the burden of proof that these can be used without causing damage lies with the user. Never use disinfectants which leave residue on the product or which are not suitable for contact with the skin.
- To achieve the optimum effect, apply the disinfectant to the cuff sleeve for at least 5 minutes.
- Always allow the agents to dry without any residue.
- Ensure that any disinfectants used are washed off, leaving no residue, before the blood pressure sleeve is worn.
▪ To clean, use lukewarm water up to 30°C max., to which you can add a mild detergent if necessary.
▪ Do not use fabric softeners or other additives (e.g. hygiene rinses, textile deodorants). These agents
can leave behind residue and damage the material!
▪ The cuff sleeve can be washed in the washing machine up to 30°C using a mild detergent without
▪ The cuff sleeve is not suitable for drying in a dryer.
To view our disposable range of cuffs, please click here.